Beet (Beta vulgaris) is a vegetable that is full of important nutrients for the body, such as fiber, folic acid, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C. Among other plant compounds that make it the star ingredient in a variety of natural recipes to prevent and fight diseases. Also, a 136g cup of boiled beets can contain less than 60 calories, which is great for dieting.
Among the possible health benefits of consuming beets is reducing blood pressure, due to the content of inorganic nitrates. Remember that having high blood pressure is one of the risk factors for heart disease, it is also said to improve physical performance, especially during high intensity resistance exercise. Here we show you several ways to take advantage of it.
1-Beet juice for blood pressure
This is one of the most popular ways in which some benefits can be obtained, since preparing a drink with this food helps to lower blood pressure. Nitrates are believed to convert to nitric oxide in the blood, helping to widen and relax blood vessels. It’s also a great option for a morning smoothie, giving you the nutrient and energy boost to start your day. However, its consumption should not be abused, as it can contribute to kidney stones and cause discomfort in sensitive stomachs.
- You need 1 large beet, chopped and chopped, 1 apple cored and peeled, 1/2 lemon. If you use an extractor, you just have to run the ingredients through the machine, serve over ice and that’s it.
- In the case of the blender, add all the food with about 1/2 cup of water. Finally, blend on high speed, then pass the liquid through a strainer and serve. You can drink one to two cups.
- This recipe can also be made using just the beets and water, depending on your taste.
2-Beetroot for ovarian cysts
Thanks to the properties of the ingredients used in this home remedy, it is possible to combat ovarian cysts and prevent their appearance. Many women suffer from this problem, which requires monitoring and treatment to avoid major problems. These ingredients have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor properties, which makes them perfect to include and improve the quality of life.
- You need 7 medium beets and 2 glasses of molasses or honey (480 g). Start by washing well and peeling the beets, then you must chop them into pieces and take them to the blender or extractor to obtain a juice. In the case of the blender, strain, mix with the molasses and keep in a jar. Remember to shake well before consuming, you only need a small cup (100 ml) half an hour before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- It is advisable to maintain the treatment for 2 months. It is very effective, but you must be patient.
3-Remolacha and honey for cough
Beets are also useful when preparing a cough syrup and thus relieve you in a short time, since honey has antibacterial and expectorant properties, while beets oxygenate and purify.
- You need to cut a beet in half and make a hole in each part so that you can fill each piece of the food with honey. Then, take it to cook in the oven for about 10 minutes until it is very tender. Let it cool down and once they are ready, consume them to improve little by little.
4-R inhalationsemolacha and eucalyptus
Rhinitis is that inflammation of the mucous lining of the nose that can cause various symptoms. Among them the itching, congestion and secretions, but that can be alleviated with different home remedies. One of them is the mixture of beets, eucalyptus and water, so that you can inhale the steam that comes from the pot.
- You need 1 beet, 5 eucalyptus leaves, and 4 cups of water. Start by chopping the ingredients, then you should bring the water to a boil and add the beets, followed by the eucalyptus. Let it simmer for a while, remove it from the stove and bring your head a little closer, taking the necessary precautions to avoid burns.
- Remember to spread a towel over your head at the time of inhalation and you can repeat this home remedy once a week before going to bed to sleep, with this you will also get a better rest.
5-Beet juice for health ocular
Your eyes can also benefit from consuming beets. Even enhance its effects when combined with carrot, which is also known to be a great food when it comes to improving vision and this is due to the beta-carotene that the body converts into vitamin A. Try taking this juice before breakfast.
- You need 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1 apple, and 1 cup of water. Wash the ingredients well and then you must chop them into small pieces to add to the blender. Remember that you can also enjoy these foods in different lines within a healthy diet, as it is with fresh salads.
6-Beets to control cholesterol
Having high cholesterol levels leads to serious health problems, but there are some foods that in combination with healthier habits could help improve this condition. It is believed that the fiber and antioxidant content of beets are beneficial for the body and that when combined with other foods, they could enhance the positive effects. Consume the drink fresh, at least 3 times a week, with a duration of 3 to 4 weeks. Remember that it is contraindicated for those with kidney problems
- You need 1 beet, 1 apple, the juice of two oranges and the juice of 1 lemon. You must peel and chop the apple, as well as the beet, then add to the blender in the company of the orange and lemon juice. If necessary, you can add a stream of water to facilitate the entire blending process.
7-Beetroot for anemia
Anemia is a health problem where there are not enough healthy red blood cells to carry the proper level of oxygen to the body’s tissues, making you feel tired or weak. Although there are different forms of anemia, each with its own cause, some can be prevented with food. For example, this drink is packed with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that support blood cell production.
- You need 1 medium beet, 1 large tomato, 2 carrots, 1/2 red pepper, and 1 glass of water. Wash the ingredients well, cut them into pieces, then you must crush them in the blender. Serve and eat fresh.
8-Detox beet juice
This is a refreshing drink recipe that is very simple to prepare. It supports the body’s natural detoxification process thanks to all the properties present in the chosen ingredients. You can drink it regularly if you don’t have any digestive discomfort and you need to control your blood pressure, as it tends to lower it.
- You need 1 pound of beets, 1 large cucumber, 1 apple, a bunch of parsley, 1 lemon or lime, and an inch of fresh ginger. Start by washing the food well, chopping it and passing it through the extractor, but remember to remove the skin from the lemon and ginger. You can also combine them in a high speed blender with 1/3 cup of filtered water, then pass it through a strainer or mesh and consume while fresh.
9-Beetroot for dark circles and lips
Beets can also be a great beauty ally and obtain excellent results without having to invest in many products. Now you can treat dark circles and leave your lips soft in a totally natural way.
- Thanks to the great source of antioxidants for which this reddish food stands out, you can revitalize the face and reduce that tired appearance. All you have to do is soak a cotton ball in a beet juice mixed with milk and honey, leaving it to act for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water. If your lips are flaky and chapped, you can moisten them with beet juice or grated vegetables with a little sugar. They will be clean, soft and with a pinkish tone that gives it more life.
10-Beets for hair and face
Another way to take advantage of beets for beauty is with a homemade cream, which can be used to hydrate and repair curly hair, as well as to leave your skin smoother, brighter and healthier in a matter of minutes.
- Start by cleaning your face and exfoliating, which can also be done with natural ingredients. After preparing the skin, it is time to apply the homemade beet with yogurt mask. To obtain the mask you must place 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt in a towel and squeeze until all the liquid is removed and only the thick cream remains, then mix it with 1 tablespoon of beet juice.
- As for dry and damaged curly hair, you need to mix the pieces of 1 small beet with a little milk in the blender, once you have a paste, place it in the strainer and squeeze the juice with a spoon. To this juice add the gel of a piece of aloe vera, then a tablespoon of olive or coconut oil and 5 tablespoons of your usual conditioner or mask. Leave on for 30 to 40 minutes and rinse.