The avocado belongs to the bay family, it can be pear-shaped, ovoid or almost spherical and its size can be between 5 and 20 cm in length and 60 g to 2 kg, the pulp is oily comparable to butter.
Let’s know 20 reasons to consume more avocado, without a doubt it is a fruit that you can have on your table, the most recommended way to consume it is in salads.
- It contains about 11 vitamins and 14 minerals, acids, amino acids that make it extremely healthy.
- Vitamins which include vitamin E and folic acid.
- Fatty acids of which five are mono and polyunsaturated, with omega 6 and 3 standing out.
- Contains essential amino acids.
- Mineral elements such as potassium phosphorus, iron and magnesium.
- It contains lutein which serves as protection against eye diseases, such as cataracts and macular degeneration, the main cause of blindness during the elderly.
- It is a fruit that should be consumed in old age due to its high content of vitamin E.
- It slows down the aging process and protects against heart disease and common types of cancer.
- It helps regulate the level of cholesterol in the blood and favors the formation of good cholesterol called HDL, which protects the arteries.
- Avocado is still considered to be a stimulant and an aphrodisiac.
- Avocado contains a large amount of fat, most of it monounsaturated, which improves the level of cholesterol in the blood and protects the arteries.
- Due to its high nutritional value, it can partially replace the consumption of meat.
- The infused leaves are useful for lowering cholesterol and relieving discomforts such as fatigue and headaches, respiratory disorders and menstrual problems.
- For diabetics, it is a healthy and delicious food as it does not contain flour.
- The monounsaturated fats in avocado help control triglycerides in the blood.
The avocado seed
- Avocado seed extract is used to cure headaches and rheumatic pain.
- The seed is used as an antidiarrheal and to relieve symptoms of the common cold.
- The avocado seed has more soluble fiber than any other food.
- For the joints, let the avocado seed dry very well, pulverize it and mix it with hot honey. Apply this preparation where you feel muscle or joint pain.