Oatmeal is one of the healthiest cereals, since it has vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants that benefit health. For example, the antioxidant content avenanthramides can help lower blood pressure by increasing nitric oxide production. This allows the blood vessels to dilate and improve blood flow. The presence of beta glucan, which is a type of fiber, lowers cholesterol, helps with blood sugar levels, creates fullness, and increases the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract.
Its regular consumption influences the relief of constipation, for this reason we bring 3 recipes in which you can take advantage of this wonderful whole grain. Constipation is a common health problem where bowel movements are infrequent, usually described by having fewer than 3 bowel movements per week and they are hard or dry. Poor diet, stress, dehydration, lack of exercise and delaying the urge to defecate are some of the factors that cause this disease.
One of the first ways you can enjoy oatmeal is by consuming it for breakfast as a porridge. It is a simple recipe to prepare, it has few ingredients and its taste is pleasant. If you have celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity, you should choose oats that are certified gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup (200 ml) of water or milk
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the above ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until the result is smooth. Serve and accompany with a little fruit, nuts, seeds, cinnamon or Greek yogurt.
It is a healthy and delicious option to overcome constipation, as its ingredients are known to regulate bowel movements and when combined they are an excellent solution. Remember that to enhance the effects you must follow healthier habits, drink plenty of fluids during the day and consume natural foods rich in fiber such as vegetables, fruits and grains.
- 2 skimmed yogurts
- 1.5 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 6-8 blackberries
- 1 apple
- Cinnamon to taste
- Start by washing the apple, cut it into pieces and remove the center with the seeds, then add it to the blender with the blackberries and the rest of the ingredients except for the cinnamon. Blend at medium-high speed, if you like it more liquid, add a little water or milk. Sprinkle cinnamon when serving and voila, take it every morning. You can even drink it as a snack or dinner, since it has several nutrients that make it very complete. It is ideal for a day in which excesses were present.
This is a drink that can prevent and combat bloating in the belly, as well as improve intestinal transit. This is due to the high fiber content present in oats, it is also noted for the mucilages that are a type of plant substance with the ability to help soften the lining of the stomach and intestine.
- 1 cup of rolled oats (100 g)
- 2 glasses of water (500 ml)
- A cinnamon stick
- 2.1 / 2 honey
- You must bring the water to boil in a pot, then add flaked oats, honey and cinnamon. Cook for 30 minutes uncovered, but stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon so that it does not stick. After time, cover and let it rest for an hour, then strain so that you can only have the liquid. Pour the infusion into a glass bottle and consume about 3 times a day. You can also drink a glass before each meal to increase satiety.
- 7 ways to use flaxseed water to take care of your health, hair, skin
- How to prepare chia water to lose weight
- Home remedies to reduce acne lesions
- Show off a flat stomach with the 4 best detox waters
- 10 home remedies with beets that improve your health
- How to Detoxify Your Liver and Eliminate Kidney Stones with Ginger and Turmeric Tea
- How to remove mold from your cloth: 4 simple tips
- Low Cholesterol Foods For your Body
- 8 homemade insecticides to eliminate pests from your plants
- Head Lice Treatment – How to Kill and Get Rid of Head Lice