Most people at some point in their life have wished to have a flatter abdomen and even well marked. However, this is only a product of maintaining a more balanced diet and performing physical activity frequently. Actually, working on your abdomen brings benefits beyond just appearance, as it will allow you to improve posture, pain and prevent injuries in the lower back, which is the lower part of the sword.
Although there are too many routines to try and that will help you transform your body, especially the abdominal area, this 7-minute routine is ideal if you have little time. Here are four movements to achieve an intense work of 20 seconds each, but you should not rest between exercises or series, which will be 5 in total. So you will have to give the maximum effort so that you can eliminate excess fat.
- Start by resting your forearms and feet on the mat, but try to keep them more than hip-width apart while your back is straight.
- Keeping your torso stable you should stretch your left arm forward, then come back and repeat with the other arm. You can also place an object in front and try to touch it at each arm change.
- Making sure you copy each of the exercises well is key to achieving your goal.
- Start in a plank position, so your hands and the balls of your feet should be resting on the mat, so that you can form a straight line with your whole body.
- Now bend your left knee and bring it towards the elbow on the same side, so that you can touch it or be as close as possible. Return to the plank to complete one rep and move on to the other side.
- Remember to perform the movement with energy, but without having to lose control to be safe.
- Lie face down on the mat with your legs and arms extended, then try to raise your extremities a few inches from the ground, as you can see in the image.
- The idea is that you keep your arms and legs straight, but without blocking them. While the torso remains immobile then you will simultaneously elevate the extremities for a few seconds.
- Then lower your legs, arms and head to return to the starting position, continuing with the exercise.
- In this exercise you need to stand up straight and spread your feet hip-width apart or slightly wider.
- Bend your arms and bring your hands together at chest level, while slightly bending your knees.
- Now he begins to move the trunk from side to side in a fast, but at the same time controlled way.
- Do not forget that you must involve the abdomen in each of the exercises already described.
Other benefits of working the abdominal area
Worrying about strengthening this area of the body will also help you to carry out all your daily activities without difficulty. This is because the abdomen is involved in different movements, such as carrying, pulling, walking, even in things as simple as tying shoes. In addition, it can benefit athletic performance.
It will be useful when cycling, swimming, running or any physical activity you enjoy, it can improve balance to avoid falls or trips. Strong muscles act as a protective shield for vital organs, as well as impacting intestinal health, since you will reduce the probability of suffering from constipation, since when the abdominal area is strengthened, inflammation is reduced and circulation tends to improve.