Flax seeds are highly valued in natural medicine, as they are great health protectors. In a single tablespoon you can find a good dose of protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, as well as several vitamins and minerals. Among which is vitamin B1, B6, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron. As for its benefits, it improves heart health, digestive health, it also cares for the skin and hair by leaving it to soak for a while. Here are 7 ways you can get the most out of flaxseed water.
1-To shape the curls
This is a very popular recipe for more defined curls. It has an ideal consistency, not too watery or too thick. You only need 2 basic ingredients, which are whole flaxseeds and water.
- Boil a cup of water (300 ml) over high heat, once it happens to add 5 tablespoons of flaxseed and wait exactly 2 minutes, that precise moment you will notice too much foam.
- If you feel that it is going to water just mix with a spoon. Over time, lower the temperature and cook for 3 more minutes, it will release a gel that you must strain immediately, once it cools it is difficult to handle.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and when it is warm you should transfer it to the fridge so that it sets faster and has the perfect consistency. Use a funnel and add the gel to a container with a lid.
- This can last for a week and a half, although you should smell it after a few days. To avoid the formation of white fluff, use 80% of the gel and 20% cream, pass it through your wet hair from the ends and that’s it.
2-Strong and soft hair
This is another of the home treatments with flaxseed water that will help you nourish and strengthen hair to prevent hair loss, it also serves to hydrate and repair damaged hair, without softness and frizz.
- You need to bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then add a cup of flaxseed to it. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat and stir frequently. To know that it is ready, in its first boil it must release a kind of white slime and it will be thicker. Remove from the heat and cool for about 3 minutes.
- Now you must extract the linseed water with a kitchen cloth, if it is still hot you can use a strainer or let it cool a little more and squeeze well on the cloth so that the gel comes out, which is very similar to egg white. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of milk to this gel.
- Finally, mix the ingredients with a fork and apply all over the hair. Wear a hat and leave as long as possible, around 45 minutes and wash your hair with the usual products.
3-For a young and radiant face
If you want to have a smooth, hydrated and blemish-free complexion, you just have to prepare this homemade mask with flaxseed water and use it once a week. It will be ready in a matter of minutes and it is very economical.
- Add a teaspoon of ground flaxseed to a cup, then add 3 teaspoons of water and stir well.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes to obtain the desired nutrients and consistency, which should be slimy.
- After time, apply with a clean brush on the face for 10 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
4-Whiten and soften the skin
For this recipe, instead of using water, you need a little milk to enhance the benefits. It helps you clarify the skin and hydrate, so if you are constant you will have a luminous, smooth and pimple-free face.
- In a clean container add 1/2 cup of flaxseeds, then pour in a cup of milk. Stir, cover, and let stand overnight. You will have a kind of pudding that you must mix and strain.
- At the time of straining you can use a kind of new half-evening or cloth filter. Squeeze well into a clean cup and apply that white cream on your already washed face. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse.
To end constipation, it is important to increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and incorporate flaxseeds in your meals, whether in salads, baked goods or smoothies. However, you can take advantage of its benefits to promote intestinal transit with a simple drink or infusion in colder times.
- You just have to add a tablespoon of flaxseeds in a glass of water, let the mixture rest for at least half an hour before taking it. For the infusion it is only necessary to heat the water as usual, add the tablespoon of flaxseeds and when it is warm drink for a quick relief.
6-Promote weight loss
Flaxseeds are a good source of fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer. Other of its benefits are related to its ability to regulate blood sugar. It is also a source of omega 3 fatty acids that can decrease inflammation and the risk of diseases, it contains lignin, this is a plant compound that could lower blood pressure and aid in weight loss.
- Although flaxseed water is not a miracle product, it can be the perfect complement to your healthy habits. It is a drink that manages to stimulate metabolism, improve your digestion and promote satiety.
- You should mix 1 teaspoon of flax seeds with 6-8 ounces of hot water. Stir and add a lemon wedge, give it a squeeze to get the flavor and vitamin C before drinking once a day.
7-For long and shiny hair
Take advantage of all the properties for which flaxseed stands out with this shampoo. You just have to mix the water from the flaxseeds with aloe vera, chamomile, green tea and optionally glycerin or neutral soap to create a little lather. Helps stop hair loss, accelerates growth, adds volume, shine and softness. Strengthens weak, damaged and brittle hair, as well as prevents split ends.
- Cook 1/4 cup of flax seeds with a cup of water or maybe a little more over medium heat, leave for 10 to 12 minutes and stir so that it does not overcook.
- Add gel from a half aloe vera leaf to a container, then break up two packets of green tea and pour them into the gel. Make a tea with two sachets of chamomile and add 5 teaspoons to the mixture.
- Finally strain the water from the flax seeds into the aloe container, trying to do it when it is hot to make it easier. Add everything to the blender, blend and then strain with a new or clean stocking. Store in a container with a lid and voila, it keeps for up to 5 days.
- If you want to use it to foam, melt 4 tablespoons of neutral soap or glycerin in a water bath.
- Home remedies to reduce acne lesions
- 7 ways to spice up your hair with olive oil
- How to make rice water facial toner for face
- Learn how to treat dry skin with these 7 natural products
- How to do eyebrow ironing at home without spending a lot of money
- 8 homemade masks for blackheads
- 3 ways to use oatmeal flakes to end constipation
- 8 homemade insecticides to eliminate pests from your plants
- 12 tricks to clean with baking soda
- This ALOE VERA treatment will help you have an attractive look with long eyelashes