Cholesterol: Top foods to improve your numbers

Cholesterol is a type of lipid that we have in the blood, meaning that the whole body has cholesterol naturally, as it is necessary for our body to function properly.

The liver produces approximately 80% of cholesterol while the remaining 20% ​​is what we eat, as cholesterol travels from the liver to the various tissues of the body through the bloodstream through lipoproteins, which in turn are classified in two.

Low-density LDL lipoproteins “bad cholesterol” Bad cholesterol accumulates on the walls of the arteries, forming plaque that makes it difficult for blood to flow to the heart. That is why if you have high LDL cholesterol, the risk of cardiovascular disease increases.

High-density HDL lipoproteins “good cholesterol” helps reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, high-density cholesterol is produced naturally by the body itself and removes cholesterol from the walls of the arteries and returns it to the liver.

Bad cholesterol accumulates on the walls of the arteries , forming a plaque that makes it difficult for the blood to flow to the heart. That is why if you have high LDL cholesterol, you increase the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.

High cholesterol can cause symptoms like

Heaviness, difficult digestion, pasty mouth, constipation, dizziness, chest pain leading to nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath, unfamiliar pain or discomfort in the arms, neck, back or shoulders, belching after meals , intolerance to certain foods such as lactose, headache, and itchy skin.

When you balance your diet and avoid eating certain foods, you will help your body maintain adequate cholesterol levels, such as fried and saturated fats, trans fats.

See also  Yellow Toenails: Causes and how to Treatment of yellow toenails

Increase the consumption of soluble and insoluble fiber, generates a drag effect, cleansing your body of bile salts loaded with cholesterol, increases the amount of antioxidants, to stop the oxidation of lipids and the hardening of the arteries, consume every day Nuts, fish, aubergines, oats, and some fruits, to promote liver recovery and not weaken or further irritate this organ, should avoid: coffee, tobacco, any type of alcoholic beverage, vinegars (better season with lemon juice or a mixture of lemon and lime) and excess salt.

We will indicate a list of foods that help maintain and prevent your cholesterol levels.

Pineapple

It helps us reduce cholesterol levels, and if we also combine it with lemon, its beneficial properties multiply, you can consume it in a delicious juice, you only need two cups of peeled pineapple cut into cubes, the juice of three lemons, half a teaspoon of cinnamon. powder and two liters of water. To prepare this delicious juice, you only need to blend all the ingredients and let it rest in the fridge for one to two hours and it is ready to drink.

Oat water

Oats are very rich in soluble fiber, the type of fiber that our body can process and causes the absorption of fats and sugars from food to decrease and take place, being very useful to combat cholesterol. Likewise, 60 grams of oatmeal daily can control cholesterol and triglycerides, preventing heart disease.

To benefit from these properties you can prepare oatmeal water. The preparation is very simple and depends on the taste of each person. The oats are liquefied with the water, then boiled for 5 minutes and allowed to cool. If it is to your liking, you can leave it without straining because it has a good amount of fiber that helps us evacuate better, add ice, cinnamon, add a little stevia and it is ready to drink, the rest is placed in a claw and is can refrigerate up to a week.

See also  Most important benefits of aerobic exercise according to science

Avocado

Due to its properties such as the amount of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats it will help your body keep bad cholesterol at bay. You can include this delicious fruit in your diet in salads, in guacamole, in soups, in short, however you like it, the important thing is to include it in your diet. You may also be interested in ›Organic coconut oil and its impact on weight loss.

Nuts

Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pine nuts, and pistachios are rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats that help lower cholesterol levels.

Flax

Consuming 150 milligrams of flaxseed a day would help reduce about 10% of the cholesterol level, it is recommended to add the seeds to salads and yogurt or add a little flaxseed powder to fruit smoothies.

These foods help improve your health and have a better quality of life but remember that you should always have a healthy diet, drink water and physical activity will be your perfect ally, a healthy mind, healthy body.

Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro
Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Refresh