When it comes to working your arms from the comfort of your home, bicep exercises without weights are a great option. These exercises will allow you to shape this area and your entire arm without the need to include other elements beyond your own body. Just make sure you copy each movement well so that it is done correctly and is effective, what is recommended is to try to complete 3 to 4 sets, each with 12 repetitions. This time you just have to look for a resistance band and a resistant bench.
It is a basic movement, such as the abs or the plank, so it should not be missing in the routines when it is not possible to go to the gym, but it not only allows you to train biceps, but also triceps and the front part of the shoulder. Remember that it is important to keep your back straight, both when going up and when going down.
- Rest your hands on the ground, but slightly wider than your shoulders, then extend your legs back to balance on the balls of your feet and hands. Your body should be in a straight line from head to toe, here the distance from the feet will vary whichever is most comfortable.
- Contract your abdominal muscles, slowly bend your elbows. Now push up with your hands to return to the starting position, but without locking your elbows (try to maintain a slight flexion).
2-Curl of biceps
To continue with these exercises for biceps at home without weights you need to help yourself with a resistance band or a similar object, since it involves doing almost the same movement as using a pair of dumbbells.
- You should stand straight in the middle of the resistance band with your feet hip-width apart and grasping the ends, making a fist with your hands, as shown.
- Now do a push-up making sure that the fist touches the chest, then return to the starting position by fully extending your arms, but do it slowly so that your biceps work against the tension.
This is a good option of exercises for triceps at home without weights, remember that this training will allow you to work on the entire arm, as well as other areas of the body are also involved. Here what you need is a bench, chair or any object that you have available at home, but that in turn is resistant and safe.
- Sit on the bench or chair and grasp the edge just at the hips, with the fingers pointing toward the feet. Your legs should be extended with your feet hip-width apart and with your heels flat on the floor. Remember to look forward with your chin raised.
- Press with your hands to lift your body and slide forward so that your butt is off the edge of the chair. Try to lower yourself until your elbows are bent 45 to 90 degrees.
This exercise is done in the same way as traditional push-ups, only the hands and feet will go closer together, so as you will have to lift your glutes. In addition, you will work on the biceps, triceps and shoulders.
- Get into the push-up position, then lift your hips so that your body forms an inverted V, while your arms and legs remain as straight as possible, as shown in the image.
- Now bend your elbows and lower your upper body until your head almost touches the ground. Pause and push back until your arms are straight again.
To finish with this biceps routine without weights you must lie down and raise the trunk laterally upwards about three times. In this way you can not only strengthen the biceps, but also the muscles of the abdomen.
- Lie on the right side of your body so that you support your forearm while your legs are straight and stacked. As for the left hand, it will be located on the hip.
- Without raising your arm you should raise and lower your trunk, but do it in a controlled way. Also do not forget to repeat the same movement on the other side, completing several repetitions or those that are recommended.