The powerful qualities of chia seeds make it a superfood since they are rich in antioxidants, calcium, proteins and fatty acids, omega 3 of plant origin and an excellent source of fiber, which helps us reduce cravings and feel full in less time, because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a voluminous gel that gives us a feeling of satiety.
Discover the benefits of chia seed
Chia seeds are full of fiber so they are a good option to curb our cravings, they are easy to digest creating a feeling of satiety that helps us control so as not to snack between meals, it is advisable to take them at breakfast to maintain ourselves in shape throughout the day since these will provide us with energy to carry out daily activities, you can also add them to yogurt or fruits.
Chia seeds are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids, the “good” fats that protect us against inflammation and are important for heart health and cholesterol.
High content of antioxidants
They are a complete source of proteins, which provide all the essential amino acids, their high content of antioxidants help to prevent premature aging of the skin and inflammation of the tissues, they fight the production of free radicals that can damage the molecules in the cells and the diseases like cancer.
Help to lose weight
Chia seeds will help you maintain an ideal weight, thanks to fiber they help in the digestive process and control hungerIn addition, when they come into contact with water, they form a hypocaloric layer that makes their weight increase ten times more inside the stomach, which produces a feeling of satiety, chia seeds combined with a healthy diet will help you meet your goals.
They generate an extra supply of energy
If you are looking for a solution to stay active from the morning or to endure longer in the gym, chia seeds are made for you, they contain twice the potassium of bananas and twice the amount of protein of any vegetable.
It is due to the ability to slow down how quickly our body converts carbohydrates into simple sugars, controlling blood sugar levels.
They are purifying
Chia seeds help eliminate fluids and toxins, regulate intestinal flora, prevent cellular oxidation and benefit many other functions that keep us well on the inside and make it noticeable on the outside.
Remember that chia seeds
- They provide 2 times the protein of any other seed.
- They provide 5 times the calcium of whole milk, they contain boron, a mineral that helps the absorption of calcium in the bones, ideal for people with osteoporosis.
- They provide 2 times the amount of potassium of bananas, indicated for people who have a rigorous physical activity.
- They provide 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries which will help prevent aging and control free radicals.
- They provide 3 times more iron than spinach helping anemic people, it is also a source of magnesium, manganese, copper, niacin, zinc and other vitamins.
How to make delicious chia seed water for weight loss
- Pour 1 tablespoon of seeds into a glass of water and let them soak for 10 minutes, this causes the chia seeds to take their gelatinous form.
- In another jug, pour 3 glasses of water, squeeze the juice of 2 lemons into the jug and add the soaked chia.
- Integrate everything, if you want you can add ice to taste and it is ready to enjoy its benefits.
You may also be interested in ›Tricks to speed up your metabolism and lose weight.
How to drink chia water
The most important thing is that you can not only drink chia water that we present previously, you can also consume it in juices and in different preparations, what you should remember is to drink a glass of chia water before lunch and dinner, if you are not comfortable with chia water, you can consume it in a glass of juice, remember to consume it at least for a month and accompany it with a balanced diet to notice significant changes, do not stop drinking plenty of water so that your body works properly.
These seeds are a digestive paradise, you can include them in water, salads, cookies, juices, yogurts, at breakfast, lunch or dinner, the most important thing is that you accompany them with a good diet and plenty of water and physical activity.