Breastfeeding, a gift for life.
Breastfeeding is giving unconditional love to the new being that comes into the world. It is feeding, comforting, protecting and communicating through a magical exchange of sensations between the protagonists who start together one of the most intense processes of human existence in the constant struggle for their own survival.
The breast milk is the best food for your baby because it contains all the nutrients needed for the child (a) have a good growth thus favorable weight gain.
Exclusive breast milk is recommended until the first 6 months of life. From 6 months to two years it should be complementary with food.
How do I get the baby to latch on properly?
Before starting the beautiful process of breastfeeding your baby , it is always wise to take into account all hygiene measures to avoid unnecessary infections and / or allergies. Once this is done, carry out the following activities:
- Stimulate your nipple by rotating your fingers at its base until it becomes erect and is easier for the baby to take.
- Touch the nipple to the baby’s lips so that he looks for you and opens his mouth.
- Once the baby’s mouth is open, lift your breast with your C-shaped hand and insert the nipple and part of the areola into your mouth.
- Make sure the baby’s bottom lip is turned out and that he takes the entire nipple and most of the areola with his mouth.
The position of the baby’s mouth is the most important thing to avoid irritation and cracks in the nipple.
- The baby has the entire nipple and a good portion of the areola in his mouth.
- The baby’s cheeks are “puffed out” outward.
- The baby’s lower lip is turned out.
- When the baby sucks, activity is observed at the temple and in the ear.
- You hear the sound that indicates that you are swallowing milk.
- The baby has only the nipple in his mouth.
- The baby’s cheeks are sunken.
- The lower lip is inward.
- Activity is observed in the cheeks and noise of “clicking” in the lips.
- There is no sound indicating that you are swallowing milk.
The child does not need any of these elements until 6 months only breast milk
- Baby bottles.
- Jar milk.
Benefits of breast milk
For him baby
- Contributes to brain development.
- Protects the baby against infections (diarrhea, flu, allergies, pneumonia, malnutrition)
- Breast milk is easily digested, so the baby does not have constipation.
- Breast milk will always be ready at the temperature that he drinks needs.
- It is important that he drinks his milk on demand (10 to 12 times a day)
- It helps the mother-child form a close love relationship.
- She does not get pregnant often, as long as she is exclusively breastfeeding on demand and the mother is not menstruating.
- She loses less blood and protects herself from postpartum anemia.
- Helps the womb return to its normal size faster.
- It gives the mother greater confidence in her ability to take responsibility for the baby’s health.
- Economically the mother does not spend money on other milk.
Always breastfeed your baby in the place and position that allows him to be well physically and emotionally. Talk to him and caress him during this beautiful process, in this way you will be stimulating him physically, psychically and spiritually.